Anadarko Petroleum quarterly profit falls, output a record
May 6 (Reuters) - Anadarko Petroleum Corp on Monday reported a sharply lower quarterly profit, as year-ago results were boosted by a large tax benefit.
The Houston company had a first-quarter profit of $460 million, or 91 cents per share, compared with $2.2 billion, or $4.28 per diluted share, in the same period a year earlier.
Oil and gas production rose 13 percent to a record 793,000 barrels oil equivalent (boe) per day.
- Israeli air strike kills three Hamas commanders in Gaza |
- U.S. hospital to discharge doctor treated with experimental Ebola drug
- British Muslim calls for action on jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Ukraine border guards begin checks on Russian aid trucks