Haniel says has no plans to cut Celesio stake
FRANKFURT May 6 (Reuters) - Diversified holding company Franz Haniel & Cie. said it has no plans to further reduce its stake in German drugs distributor Celesio, rebuffing a media report.
Stock market newsletter Platow Brief earlier reported that Haniel Chief Executive Stephan Gemkow was considering slashing its holding in Celesio to just above 25 percent.
A Haniel spokesman said there were no such plans nor talks.
Haniel in November sold a 4.6 percent stake in Celesio to reduce its debt burden, cutting its stake to 50.01 percent. (Reporting by Matthias Inverardi and Daniela Pegna; Writing by Ludwig Burger)
- Islamic State threat 'beyond anything we've seen': Pentagon
- National Guard start pullout as protests in Ferguson turn calmer |
- British Muslims blame jihadi subculture after beheading video |
- U.S. aid workers who survived Ebola leave Atlanta hospital |
- Class action against Facebook attracts 60,000 users