Mercedes brand sales up 11.7 pct in April on Asia, Europe
BERLIN May 6 (Reuters) - German automaker Daimler said sales of its Mercedes-Benz luxury brand rose 11.7 percent last month to the highest-ever level for April, powered by double-digit gains in Asia and Europe.
Deliveries of Mercedes-Benz brand vehicles increased to 116,566 cars, extending the year-to-date gain to 5.6 percent or 441,464 autos, the Stuttgart-based manufacturer said in a statement on Monday.
Sales in the Asia-Pacific region rose 14.9 percent to 27,881 cars while deliveries in core European markets were up 11.8 percent to 56,988. (Reporting by Andreas Cremer; Editing by Maria Sheahan)
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |