STXNEWS LATAM-Fiat to invest $7.5 bln in Brazil through 2016
Italian carmaker Fiat announced a 15 billion reais ($7.5 billion) investment plan in Brazil through 2016 after CEO Sergio Marchionne met with Brazil's President Dilma Rousseff on Monday.
The company said the plan would create 7,700 new jobs and that it entailed expanding productive capacity and building new factories in Brazil, the world's fourth-largest buyer of new cars and a key growth market for the world's biggest automakers.
($1 = 2.009 reais)
- Islamic State executes soldiers, takes hostages at Syria base: social media |
- Breakthrough hopes dented as Ukraine accuses Russia of new incursion |
- Gaza truce holding but Israel's Netanyahu under fire at home |
- WHO shuts Sierra Leone lab after worker infected with Ebola
- Ukraine warns Europe of Russian gas cut-off, Moscow denies