UPDATE 1-McAfee offers to buy Finland's Stonesoft for $389 mln
(Recasts with McAfee's offer price)
HELSINKI May 6 (Reuters) - Intel Corp's security software division McAfee said it plans to buy Finland's network firewall maker Stonesoft Oyj for around $389 million in cash, a 128 percent premium to the company's stock market value at Friday's close.
The move comes as a slump in the PC industry hurts security software sales. Microsoft Corp's Windows 8, launched in late October, was bundled with free anti-virus software - another blow for the industry.
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |