BHP stops Eagle Ford shale operations due to fatality
SYDNEY May 7 (Reuters) - BHP Billiton has halted work at its Eagle Ford shale operation in the United States as it investigates a fatality at the site, it said on Tuesday.
A contractor was fatally injured on May 6 while working at the site in the state of Texas, according to the company.
"Operations at the site were immediately stopped and a full investigation is under way," BHP said in a statement.
- Man called Bitcoin's father denies ties, leads LA car chase
- Ukraine standoff intensifies, Russia says sanctions will 'boomerang' |
- Florida mayor fights backyard gun ranges in 'Gunshine State'
- Apple loses bid for U.S. ban on Samsung smartphone sales
- 'Everything is fine', Pistorius told guard after shooting girlfriend |