BHP stops Eagle Ford shale operations due to fatality
SYDNEY May 7 (Reuters) - BHP Billiton has halted work at its Eagle Ford shale operation in the United States as it investigates a fatality at the site, it said on Tuesday.
A contractor was fatally injured on May 6 while working at the site in the state of Texas, according to the company.
"Operations at the site were immediately stopped and a full investigation is under way," BHP said in a statement.
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- Teenager dies on Atlanta-bound flight, plane diverted
- U.S. ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal