Disney's quarterly profit rises on ESPN network, 'Oz' movie
LOS ANGELES May 7 (Reuters) - Media giant Walt Disney Co reported higher profit for the fiscal second quarter, boosted by increased revenue at sports network ESPN and the movie box office success of "Oz the Great and Powerful."
Net income rose 32 percent from a year earlier to $1.5 billion for January through March, Disney said on Tuesday. Diluted earnings per share rose to 83 cents.
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Ukraine appeals to West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- CIA accused of spying on U.S. Senate intelligence committee