Disney's quarterly profit rises on ESPN network, 'Oz' movie
LOS ANGELES May 7 (Reuters) - Media giant Walt Disney Co reported higher profit for the fiscal second quarter, boosted by increased revenue at sports network ESPN and the movie box office success of "Oz the Great and Powerful."
Net income rose 32 percent from a year earlier to $1.5 billion for January through March, Disney said on Tuesday. Diluted earnings per share rose to 83 cents.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Last-minute Obamacare exemption for those with canceled plans
- UPDATE 6-Target cyber breach hits 40 mln payment cards at holiday peak
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- New York Mayor-elect's reputation for lateness parodied on Twitter