Disney's quarterly profit rises on ESPN network, 'Oz' movie
LOS ANGELES May 7 (Reuters) - Media giant Walt Disney Co reported higher profit for the fiscal second quarter, boosted by increased revenue at sports network ESPN and the movie box office success of "Oz the Great and Powerful."
Net income rose 32 percent from a year earlier to $1.5 billion for January through March, Disney said on Tuesday. Diluted earnings per share rose to 83 cents.
- Exclusive: Radar data suggests missing Malaysia plane deliberately flown way off course - sources
- Investigators focus on foul play behind missing Malaysia plane: sources |
- Kremlin website hit by 'powerful' cyber attack
- West prepares sanctions as Russia presses on with Crimea takeover |
- UPDATE 1-Rolls-Royce concurs with Malaysia on missing jet's engine data