Disney's quarterly profit rises on ESPN network, 'Oz' movie
LOS ANGELES May 7 (Reuters) - Media giant Walt Disney Co reported higher profit for the fiscal second quarter, boosted by increased revenue at sports network ESPN and the movie box office success of "Oz the Great and Powerful."
Net income rose 32 percent from a year earlier to $1.5 billion for January through March, Disney said on Tuesday. Diluted earnings per share rose to 83 cents.
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Focus turns to Thai military, anti-government protesters tell them to pick sides
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA
- Apple scores legal victory over Samsung in South Korea