Emerson Electric cuts full-year outlook as orders slip
May 7 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported marginally higher quarterly earnings and cut its outlook for the remainder for the year, saying orders were trending lower.
The provider of industrial automation systems and uninterruptible power supplies said it now expects earnings of $3.48 to $3.58 per share for the year with revenue growth of 1.5 to 2.5 percent.
Emerson had earlier forecast earnings of $3.53 to $3.63 per share and sales growth of 2 to 5 percent.
Net income attributable to shareholders rose 3 percent in the second quarter to $561 million, or 77 cents per share, from $545 million, or 74 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Missing jet may have strayed toward Andaman Sea: Malaysian air force |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |