Emerson Electric cuts full-year outlook as orders slip
May 7 (Reuters) - Emerson Electric Co reported marginally higher quarterly earnings and cut its outlook for the remainder for the year, saying orders were trending lower.
The provider of industrial automation systems and uninterruptible power supplies said it now expects earnings of $3.48 to $3.58 per share for the year with revenue growth of 1.5 to 2.5 percent.
Emerson had earlier forecast earnings of $3.53 to $3.63 per share and sales growth of 2 to 5 percent.
Net income attributable to shareholders rose 3 percent in the second quarter to $561 million, or 77 cents per share, from $545 million, or 74 cents per share, a year earlier.
- Washington, DC city council raises minimum wage to $11.50/hr in 2016
- China confirms near miss with U.S. ship in South China Sea
- UPDATE 5-Mega Millions lottery winning tickets sold in California, Georgia -Officials
- Winning ticket sold in California for Mega Millions lottery: official |
- India removes barriers to U.S. embassy as anger grows over diplomat's arrest