J.C. Penney says 1st quarter same-store sales down 16.6 percent
May 7 (Reuters) - J.C. Penney Co Inc on Tuesday said that same-store sales in the first quarter of the fiscal year fell 16.6 percent.
The company, in providing preliminary, partial results for the quarter, also said it had $821 million in cash on hand as of May 4. The department store chain will report full results on May 16.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections