UK Stocks-Factors to watch on Tuesday May 7
LONDON May 7 (Reuters) - Britain's FTSE 100 index is seen opening unchanged to 9 points lower on Tuesday, according to financial bookmakers, as traders returned to their desks after a Monday public holiday. For more on the factors affecting European stocks, please click on
* The UK blue chip index closed up 60.75 points, 0.9 percent, at 6,521.46 on Friday, taking it close to five-year highs reached in March, as robust U.S. jobs data spurred on investors already heartened by the central bank stimulus that has supported equities over other assets.
* UK CORPORATE DIARY:
HSBC HOLDINGS issues a trading update.
EASYJET releases traffic figures.
HISCOX issues a trading update.
NATIONAL EXPRESS GROUP issues a trading update.
TELECITY GROUP issues a trading update.
TODAY'S UK PAPERS
> Financial Times
> Other business headlines Multimedia versions of Reuters Top News are now available for: * 3000 Xtra : visit* BridgeStation: view story .134(Reporting by Tricia Wright; editing by Alistair Smout)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |