CANADA STOCKS-TSX ends higher as banks, consumer stocks drive gains
TORONTO, May 7 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index recorded its fourth straight gain on Tuesday as strength in financial and consumer discretionary stocks, following comments from central banks indicating their support for growth, offset declines in gold producers. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index unofficially closed up 10.19 points, or 0.08 percent, at 12,464.11. Seven of the 10 main sectors on the index were higher.
- Still no sign of Malaysian jet lost in 'unprecedented mystery' |
- The search for missing Malaysian jet
- Mexico kills drug kingpin reported dead years ago: official
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source