RPT-CANADA STOCKS-TSX rises as higher banks offset dip in golds
TORONTO, May 7 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index advanced in early Tuesday trade as strength in financial and energy stocks offset declines in gold producers after bullion prices tumbled. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 7.62 points, 0.06 percent, at 12,461.54 shortly after the open.
- iPhone comes out of a 'bygone era', reviewers hail bigger handset
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Polls show Scottish opponents of independence with slight lead ahead of vote |
- Fed could hint on rate-hike plans as it prepares for policy turn
- Wildfire rips through 150 homes in Northern California