Mondelez reports lower first-quarter profit
May 7 (Reuters) - Mondelez International Inc reported quarterly earnings on Tuesday that were lower than a year earlier, before the company separated from Kraft Foods Group Inc.
The newly independent maker of Cadbury chocolates and Oreo cookies said net income was $568 million, or 32 cents per share, in the first quarter, down from $813 million, or 46 cents per share, a year earlier.
Revenue rose nearly 1 percent to $8.74 billion.
- Citing security threat, Obama expands U.S. role fighting Ebola
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- Russia needs government investment to avoid recession, says former finance minister
- Boeing, SpaceX win contracts to build 'space taxis' for NASA
- Stocks end higher on bet Fed won't change rate stance