PostNL slumps to Q1 loss on TNT Express writedown
AMSTERDAM May 7 (Reuters) - Dutch mail group PostNL on Tuesday reported a first-quarter loss of 410 million euros ($535.3 million) after a 440 million euro writedown on its stake in express delivery group TNT Express .
PostNL made a profit of 633 million euros in the same period last year.
First-quarter operating income, excluding pension payments and currency effects fell 27 percent to 82 million euros.
- Israel strikes house of Hamas Gaza leader, digs in for long fight |
- U.S. says Russia violated nuclear treaty, urges immediate talks
- Where Ukraine's separatists get their weapons
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site |
- Civilians killed in eastern Ukraine in fierce fighting