PostNL slumps to Q1 loss on TNT Express writedown
AMSTERDAM May 7 (Reuters) - Dutch mail group PostNL on Tuesday reported a first-quarter loss of 410 million euros ($535.3 million) after a 440 million euro writedown on its stake in express delivery group TNT Express .
PostNL made a profit of 633 million euros in the same period last year.
First-quarter operating income, excluding pension payments and currency effects fell 27 percent to 82 million euros.
- Insight: How U.S. spying cost Boeing multibillion-dollar jet contract
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- With Fed out of the way, what's next on Wall Street?
- Yemeni al Qaeda says attack on hospital was mistake
- Insight: For Chinese farmers, a rare welcome in Russia's Far East