SoftBank president says to meet Sprint shareholders in U.S.
TOKYO May 7 (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Corp President Masayoshi Son said he will travel to the United States on Tuesday night to discuss the proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel Corp with its major shareholders.
Son told reporters he would highlight the synergies SoftBank could offer to Sprint.
Wireless operator SoftBank faces a rival bid for Sprint from satellite TV company Dish Network Corp.
- Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard: report |
- UPDATE 4-Malaysia Airlines plane crashes in South China Sea with 239 people aboard - report
- China draws red line' on North Korea, says won't allow war on peninsula
- No signal picked up from missing Malaysia Airlines plane-Vietnam official
- Malaysian plane crashed off Vietnam coast: state media