SoftBank president says to meet Sprint shareholders in U.S.
TOKYO May 7 (Reuters) - Japan's SoftBank Corp President Masayoshi Son said he will travel to the United States on Tuesday night to discuss the proposed takeover of Sprint Nextel Corp with its major shareholders.
Son told reporters he would highlight the synergies SoftBank could offer to Sprint.
Wireless operator SoftBank faces a rival bid for Sprint from satellite TV company Dish Network Corp.
- U.S. man sues soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo over CR7 trademark
- Moscow fights back after sanctions; battle rages near Ukraine crash site |
- Wall St. tumbles; S&P below 50-day moving average
- Netanyahu vows to complete Gaza tunnels destruction |
- Argentina defaults but investors see eventual deal possible |