Telefonica Brasil profit falls 15 percent, misses estimates
BRASILIA May 7 (Reuters) - Brazilian phone company Telefonica Brasil SA said on Tuesday that first-quarter net income fell 15.3 percent from a year earlier to 810 million reais ($401.78 million).
Profit at the Brazilian unit of Spain's Telefonica SA missed analysts' average estimate of 926 million reais, according to a Reuters survey.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization fell 3.5 percent to 2.75 billion reais, below an average estimate of 2.85 billion reais in the Reuters poll.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |