Telefonica Brasil profit falls 15 percent, misses estimates
BRASILIA May 7 (Reuters) - Brazilian phone company Telefonica Brasil SA said on Tuesday that first-quarter net income fell 15.3 percent from a year earlier to 810 million reais ($401.78 million).
Profit at the Brazilian unit of Spain's Telefonica SA missed analysts' average estimate of 926 million reais, according to a Reuters survey.
Earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization fell 3.5 percent to 2.75 billion reais, below an average estimate of 2.85 billion reais in the Reuters poll.
- With no sign of missing plane, search spreads far across land and sea |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Ukraine appeals to the West as Crimea turns to Russia |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source