Korea Aerospace wins $1 billion order for fighter jets
SEOUL (Reuters) - Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd (KAI) (047810.KS) has won a 1.12 trillion won ($1.02 billion) order to supply an unnamed number of FA-50 fighter jets to South Korea's military through the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA).
The South Korean aircraft maker said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday that the contract is based on an initial mass-production agreement reached in December 2011, and will last until October of 2016.
($1 = 1094.4500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions