Korea Aerospace wins $1 billion order for fighter jets
SEOUL (Reuters) - Korea Aerospace Industries Ltd (KAI) (047810.KS) has won a 1.12 trillion won ($1.02 billion) order to supply an unnamed number of FA-50 fighter jets to South Korea's military through the Defense Acquisition Program Administration (DAPA).
The South Korean aircraft maker said in a regulatory filing on Tuesday that the contract is based on an initial mass-production agreement reached in December 2011, and will last until October of 2016.
($1 = 1094.4500 Korean won)
(Reporting by Joyce Lee; Editing by Daniel Magnowski)
- Children's corpses reveal desperate attempts to escape Korean ferry |
- Obama reassures Japan, other allies on China as Asia trip begins |
- Ukraine's leaders say have U.S. backing to take on 'aggressors' |
- Australia vows to keep searching to solve missing Malaysian plane mystery
- Search for MH370 reveals a military vulnerability for China