U.S. Treasury's Lew says doesn't see debt limit brinksmanship
(Reuters) - U.S. Treasury Secretary Jack Lew said on Tuesday that he does not know of anyone in Congress who wants to have a "showdown" over the nation's debt limit.
"On the debt limit, I can't find anyone (in Congress) who wants to have a showdown," he told the City Club of Cleveland. "They understand it can't be a bargaining chip, because the mere negotiation over default hurts the economy."
- Obama condemns killing of reporter, U.S. hits militants in Iraq |
- Gaza war rages on, Hamas says Israel tried to kill its military chief |
- Four beheaded corpses found in Egypt's Sinai: security sources
- Father of Texas 'affluenza' teen arrested for impersonating police officer
- Islamic State opens new anti-U.S. front with beheading video