Deutsche Telekom Q1 operating profit down on investments
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - Deutsche Telekom's operating profit fell 4.3 percent in the first quarter hit by investments in Europe and in its German home market.
First-quarter earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation (EBITDA), excluding special items, came in at 4.29 billion euros ($5.6 billion), slightly ahead of an average forecast of 4.25 billion euros in a Reuters poll.
Germany's former monopoly said on Wednesday it still expected EBITDA, excluding special items, to come in at around 17.4 billion euros in 2013. That outlook excludes earnings streams from MetroPCS, which Deutsche Telekom bought and merged with its T-Mobile USA unit.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown