E.ON expects to sell stakes in regional units this year -CFO
FRANKFURT May 8 (Reuters) - E.ON expects to sell its stakes in two regional units this year rather than next, its chief financial officer said on Wednesday.
Speaking in a conference call with analysts, Marcus Schenck said he expected to sell E.ON's 63-percent stake in E.ON Westfalen Weser in mid-2013, adding that E.ON Mitte, in which E.ON owns 73 percent, would be sold a few months later.
In March, E.ON said it expected the two stakes to be sold either 2013 or 2014.
E.ON aims to raise more than 2 billion ($2.6 billion) euros by selling its stakes in Westfalen Weser, Mitte as well as its 16.7 percent stake in uranium enrichment company Urenco. ($1 = 0.7642 euros) (Reporting by Christoph Steitz)
- Confusion as search for Malaysian jet spreads across SE Asia |
- Malaysia military source says missing jet veered to west |
- Toddler found with heroin at New Jersey daycare center
- Special Report: How China's official bank card is used to smuggle money |
- UPDATE 1-Missing Malaysian plane last seen at Strait of Malacca-source