Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK May 8 (Reuters) - The euro hit one-week highs against the dollar on Wednesday as risk appetite increased following upbeat German data the last two days.
Global stocks rallied as well while commodities such as crude oil rose. The euro in tandem climbed as high as $1.3194, a one-week peak. It was last at $1.3181, up 0.8 percent on the day.
German industrial orders and industrial output beat expectations, reducing the chances of a near-term rate cut in the euro zone.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Winter storm pushes up U.S. East Coast after deep-freeze in the South