Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK May 8 (Reuters) - The euro hit one-week highs against the dollar on Wednesday as risk appetite increased following upbeat German data the last two days.
Global stocks rallied as well while commodities such as crude oil rose. The euro in tandem climbed as high as $1.3194, a one-week peak. It was last at $1.3181, up 0.8 percent on the day.
German industrial orders and industrial output beat expectations, reducing the chances of a near-term rate cut in the euro zone.
- Female Yahoo executive sued for sexual harassment
- Gaza toll passes 100; Israel to counter rockets 'with all power' |
- Ukraine scrambles fighter jets above rebel positions as missile attack resumes
- U.S. Navy maintains grounding order for F-35 fighter jets
- Ebola deaths surge in Sierra Leone and Liberia: WHO