Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK May 8 (Reuters) - The euro hit one-week highs against the dollar on Wednesday as risk appetite increased following upbeat German data the last two days.
Global stocks rallied as well while commodities such as crude oil rose. The euro in tandem climbed as high as $1.3194, a one-week peak. It was last at $1.3181, up 0.8 percent on the day.
German industrial orders and industrial output beat expectations, reducing the chances of a near-term rate cut in the euro zone.
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Amish girl in Ohio will not be forced to resume chemo for cancer
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |