Euro extends gains versus dollar, hits session high
NEW YORK May 8 (Reuters) - The euro hit one-week highs against the dollar on Wednesday as risk appetite increased following upbeat German data the last two days.
Global stocks rallied as well while commodities such as crude oil rose. The euro in tandem climbed as high as $1.3194, a one-week peak. It was last at $1.3181, up 0.8 percent on the day.
German industrial orders and industrial output beat expectations, reducing the chances of a near-term rate cut in the euro zone.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. courts deliver conflicting rulings on Obama health care law
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |