Glass Lewis comes out against Freeport deal
May 8 (Reuters) - Proxy advisory firm Glass Lewis & Co is recommending that its clients vote against Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc's acquisition of Plains Exploration & Production Co.
In a report released on Wednesday, the firm argued that the deal offers "little to no current premium" for Plains shareholders. A decline in Freeport's share price has cut down the value of the deal, announced in December.
Rival proxy adviser ISS has also recommended that shareholders vote no, and CR Intrinsic, a unit of hedge fund SAC Capital Advisors, has said it plans to vote against the deal.
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africa mourns Mandela, will bury him on December 15 |
- French launch Central African Republic mission but deaths mount
- Supreme Court to decide on patent protections for software