RPT-Soccer-United manager Ferguson to retire at end of season
LONDON May 8 (Reuters) - Manchester United manager Alex Ferguson will retire at the end of the season after 27 years in charge at Old Trafford, the Premier League champions confirmed on Wednesday.
The 71-year-old, who won a 13th league title with the club this season, announced his decision via the club's website after a morning of intense speculation.
- Exclusive: Secret contract tied NSA and security industry pioneer |
- Seattle students protest gay Catholic school teacher's resignation
- Accused Colorado theater gunman competent to stand trial, evaluators say
- Analysis: Lost Brazil order raises threat to Boeing fighter jets
- Harsh weather, floods challenge U.S. holiday travelers