Sun Life Financial profit falls 25 pct on markets
TORONTO May 8 (Reuters) - Sun Life Financial said on Wednesday its first-quarter profit fell 25 percent, as Canada's No. 3 insurer was hurt by less favorable markets than in the year-before period.
The Toronto-based company earned C$513 million ($511.54 million), or 85 Canadian cents a share, in the quarter ended March 31. That compared with a year-ago profit of C$686 million, or C$1.15 per share.
Equity and bond market movements added C$46 million to profit during the quarter, compared to C$348 million in the year-before quarter, the company said.
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to west coast: source |
- Malaysia air probe finds scant evidence of attack: sources |
- Ukraine forms new defense force, seeks Western help |
- Front companies, embassies mask North Korean weapons trade - U.N
- Freescale loss in Malaysia tragedy leads to travel policy questions