Wendy's quarterly sales rise
(Reuters) - Wendy's Co (WEN.O), the second-largest U.S. hamburger chain, reported a 2 percent rise in quarterly sales as its new menu worked well with diners.
Net income fell to $2.1 million, or 1 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $12.4 million, or 3 cents per share, a year earlier.
On an adjusted basis, the company earned 3 cents per share.
Revenue rose to $603.7 million.
(Reporting by Aditi Shrivastava and Lisa Baertlein)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- UPDATE 4-Hurricane-force winds wreak havoc in Britain, head to Europe