Eight killed in Bangladesh factory fire - police
DHAKA May 9 (Reuters) - Eight people were killed when a fire swept through a garment factory in an industrial district of the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka, police and an industry association official said on Thursday.
The fire, which broke out overnight in the Mirpur area, occurred two weeks after more than 780 people were killed in a factory collapse outside the city, the South Asian country's worst industrial accident.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Canada's Harper vows tighter security after Parliament attack |
- Some U.S. hospitals weigh withholding care to Ebola patients
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown