Eight killed in Bangladesh factory fire - police
DHAKA May 9 (Reuters) - Eight people were killed when a fire swept through a garment factory in an industrial district of the Bangladeshi capital Dhaka, police and an industry association official said on Thursday.
The fire, which broke out overnight in the Mirpur area, occurred two weeks after more than 780 people were killed in a factory collapse outside the city, the South Asian country's worst industrial accident.
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom |
- Eight bodies found after attack on Guinea Ebola education team
- Scots independence polls close, UK's future in the balance |
- Alibaba IPO prices at top of range, raising $21.8 billion |
- Two adults, six children dead in Florida shooting: report