Canada's BCE posts higher profit on flat revenue
TORONTO May 9 (Reuters) - BCE Inc, Canada's biggest telecom provider, reported higher profit on flat revenue on Thursday, helped by earnings growth in its wireless and media divisions.
The Montreal-based parent of Bell Canada said its first-quarter net earnings attributable to shareholders rose to C$566 million, or 73 Canadian cents a share, from C$531 million, or 69 Canadian cents, a year earlier. On an adjusted basis, the company earned 77 cents a share.
Operating revenue was C$4.92 billion, compared with C$4.91 billion a year earlier.
- Google bus blocked in San Francisco gentrification protest
- Tearful Thai PM urges protesters to take part in election
- North Korea's 'reign of terror' worries South's leader
- Leaders gather, thousands sing in rain in farewell to Mandela |
- Chinese hackers spied on Europeans before G20 meeting: researcher