Canadian Tire plans C$3.5 bln REIT, posts higher profit
May 9 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp, best-known for its namesake automotive and homeware stores, said it would create a C$3.5 billion ($3.49 billion) real estate investment trust through an initial public offering later this year.
The company also reported a 3 percent rise in net income to C$73 million, or 90 Canadian cents per share, for the first quarter.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |