Canadian Tire plans C$3.5 bln REIT, posts higher profit
May 9 (Reuters) - Canadian Tire Corp, best-known for its namesake automotive and homeware stores, said it would create a C$3.5 billion ($3.49 billion) real estate investment trust through an initial public offering later this year.
The company also reported a 3 percent rise in net income to C$73 million, or 90 Canadian cents per share, for the first quarter.
- Seven NATO allies to create new rapid reaction force-report
- Ukraine seeks to join NATO; defiant Putin compares Kiev to Nazis |
- U.S. authorities investigate suspected threat against Obama: reports
- Putin says Russia must strengthen its economic, military position in Arctic
- California passes 'yes-means-yes' campus sexual assault bill