Centerra 1st-qtr profit rises on strong gold output
May 8 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Centerra Gold Inc reported a higher first-quarter profit on strong gold production in its Kumtor and Boroo mines.
Net profit for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $51.4 million, or 22 cents per share, compared with a profit of $9.6 million, or 4 cents per share a year earlier.
Revenue rose 43.7 percent to $192.3 million.
- Pennsylvania newlyweds "just wanted to murder someone together:" police
- U.S. war veteran released by North Korea returns home |
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Ice storm causes blackouts, delays in Texas, Arkansas
- China's parliament: Japan has "no right to criticize" air defense zone