Centerra 1st-qtr profit rises on strong gold output
May 8 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Centerra Gold Inc reported a higher first-quarter profit on strong gold production in its Kumtor and Boroo mines.
Net profit for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $51.4 million, or 22 cents per share, compared with a profit of $9.6 million, or 4 cents per share a year earlier.
Revenue rose 43.7 percent to $192.3 million.
- Tesla prevails in top Massachusetts court over direct sales
- U.S. to Assad: Beware of interfering with U.S. air power in Syria
- Odile batters Mexico's Baja resorts, knocks out power to most area
- Iran supreme leader spurns U.S. overture to fight Islamic State |
- Quake strikes northeast of Tokyo, no reports of serious damage