Centerra 1st-qtr profit rises on strong gold output
May 8 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Centerra Gold Inc reported a higher first-quarter profit on strong gold production in its Kumtor and Boroo mines.
Net profit for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $51.4 million, or 22 cents per share, compared with a profit of $9.6 million, or 4 cents per share a year earlier.
Revenue rose 43.7 percent to $192.3 million.
- Malaysia says no evidence missing plane flew hours after losing contact |
- Russia holds war games near Ukraine; Merkel warns of catastrophe |
- Rescuers seek survivors of NY building collapse; seven dead
- White House tried to mediate dispute between Senate, CIA panel: source
- Missing jet may have strayed to west, Malaysia military says |