Centerra 1st-qtr profit rises on strong gold output
May 8 (Reuters) - Canadian miner Centerra Gold Inc reported a higher first-quarter profit on strong gold production in its Kumtor and Boroo mines.
Net profit for the quarter ended March 31 rose to $51.4 million, or 22 cents per share, compared with a profit of $9.6 million, or 4 cents per share a year earlier.
Revenue rose 43.7 percent to $192.3 million.
- Israel warns of long Gaza war as Palestinian fighters cross border |
- Court orders Russia to pay $50 billion for seizing Yukos assets
- Man found dead trapped between elevator and shaft wall in NYC
- West agrees wider Russia sanctions as Kiev says forces near crash site
- Huge blaze out of control in Tripoli battle as Libya slides into chaos |