CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as Canadian Tire gains offset weak golds
TORONTO, May 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed in early Thursday trade as weakness in gold producers was offset by a jump in Canadian Tire Corp after the retailer unveiled plans to create a C$3.5 billion ($3.49 billion) real estate investment trust. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.75 points, 0.02 percent, at 12,587.80 shortly after the open.
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Radar showed missing plane may have turned back: Malaysia military
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |
- Merkel raps Putin as Russian forces tighten grip on Crimea |