CANADA STOCKS-TSX steady as Canadian Tire gains offset weak golds
TORONTO, May 9 (Reuters) - Canada's main stock index was little changed in early Thursday trade as weakness in gold producers was offset by a jump in Canadian Tire Corp after the retailer unveiled plans to create a C$3.5 billion ($3.49 billion) real estate investment trust. The Toronto Stock Exchange's S&P/TSX composite index was up 2.75 points, 0.02 percent, at 12,587.80 shortly after the open.
- WTO overcomes last minute hitch to reach its first global trade deal
- Colorado baker discriminated by denying gay couple wedding cake: judge
- U.S. freeze shows no sign of weekend melt after deadly storm
- Flights delayed as air pollution hits record in Shanghai
- Australia foreign minister downplays China air defense zone tension in visit