MEMC's loss narrows as it ships more semiconductor wafers
May 9 (Reuters) - Silicon wafer maker MEMC Electronic Materials Inc's quarterly loss narrowed as it shipped more semiconductor wafers, which are used in chips and solar cells.
The net loss attributable to MEMC shareholders narrowed to $89.4 million, or 40 cents per share, in the first quarter from $98.6 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales fell 14.6 percent to $443.6 million. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Pope attacks mega-salaries and wealth gap in peace message
- Air strike kills 15 civilians in Yemen by mistake: officials
- Probation for drunk Texas teen driver who killed four sparks backlash
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- South Africa admits error over 'schizophrenic' Mandela signer |