MEMC's loss narrows as it ships more semiconductor wafers
May 9 (Reuters) - Silicon wafer maker MEMC Electronic Materials Inc's quarterly loss narrowed as it shipped more semiconductor wafers, which are used in chips and solar cells.
The net loss attributable to MEMC shareholders narrowed to $89.4 million, or 40 cents per share, in the first quarter from $98.6 million, or 43 cents per share, a year earlier.
Net sales fell 14.6 percent to $443.6 million. (Reporting by Swetha Gopinath in Bangalore; Editing by Don Sebastian)
- Australia leads southern search for missing Malaysian plane |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- France bans Monsanto GM maize ahead of sowing season
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Shares hit as Crimea vote to spur sanctions against Moscow |