Mexican food company Herdez closes Nutrisa purchase
MEXICO CITY May 9 (Reuters) - Mexican processed foods company Grupo Herdez, maker of Barilla pasta and Del Fuerte tinned vegetables, has completed its offer to buy frozen yogurt and food supplement chain Nutrisa for 2.971 billion mexican pesos ($246.84 million), Herdez said on Thursday.
Herdez, whose brands in Mexico also include McCormick spices, Kikkoman soy sauce and Ocean Spray cranberry products, said it paid 91 pesos a share as planned for Nutrisa .
The food company said it will consolidate Nutrisa's results from May 13.
Shares in Herdez, which generally trade with little volume, did not move in morning trading on Mexico's stock exchange
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat