Sony sees smartphone sales rising to 42 mln this year
TOKYO May 9 (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp said it expects mobile phone sales to rise to 42 million in the year to March 31 compared with 33 million sold in the business year just ended, as it tries to establish itself as No. 3 in the global smartphone market behind Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co.
It forecast sales of televisions would rise to 16 million from 13.5 million sold in the previous year.
- Sierra Leone's chief Ebola doctor contracts the virus
- Gaza bloodshed deepens as airlines shun Israel |
- TransAsia Airways plane crashes in typhoon-hit Taiwan, killing 47
- Two Ukrainian fighter jets shot down over rebel-held territory
- South Korea ferry fugitive hid behind cabin wall, bags of cash at hand