Sony sees smartphone sales rising to 42 mln this year
TOKYO May 9 (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp said it expects mobile phone sales to rise to 42 million in the year to March 31 compared with 33 million sold in the business year just ended, as it tries to establish itself as No. 3 in the global smartphone market behind Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co.
It forecast sales of televisions would rise to 16 million from 13.5 million sold in the previous year.
- Protesters fell Lenin statue, tell Ukraine's president 'you're next'
- Four dead in apparent Connecticut murder-suicide
- South Korea expands air defense zone to partially overlap China's |
- Singer Susan Boyle reveals she has Asperger's syndrome: paper
- Dynasty's Congress party punished in Indian state elections