Sony sees smartphone sales rising to 42 million this year
TOKYO (Reuters) - Japan's Sony Corp said it expects mobile phone sales to rise to 42 million in the year to March 31 compared with 33 million sold in the business year just ended, as it tries to establish itself as No. 3 in the global smartphone market behind Apple Inc and Samsung Electronics Co.
It forecast sales of televisions would rise to 16 million from 13.5 million sold in the previous year.
(Reporting by Tim Kelly; Editing by Edmund Klamann)
- Restraint marks Ferguson, Missouri protests for third straight night |
- Gaza gunmen execute 'collaborators'; mortar kills Israeli boy |
- U.S. says Russia must pull convoy from Ukraine or face more sanctions |
- Trucks from aid convoy to Ukraine start crossing back into Russia |
- U.S. hostage rescuers dropped from night sky: Syria activist