S.Korea's Doosan decides against bid for Novaled AG
SEOUL May 10 (Reuters) - South Korea's Doosan Co Ltd said on Friday it has decided not to buy Novaled AG, after expressing an interest in the German high-tech lighting company in March.
The announcement comes after Cheil Industries Inc , an electronic material, chemical and textile unit of Samsung Group, said last month it was looking at acquiring the organic light-emitting diode (OLED) maker.
Novaled, which entered into a strategic cooperation agreement with Samsung Mobile Display (now Samsung Display) in 2012, is already backed by Samsung Group's venture capital arm Samsung Venture Investment. (Reporting by Joyce Lee; editing by Miral Fahmy)
- White House reverses, says Obama met uncle and lived with him during law school
- South Africans, some fearful, wake to life without Mandela |
- U.S. television, Twitter, alive with new version of 'Sound of Music'
- RPT-UPDATE 1-Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image
- Ford leans on global Mustang to burnish overseas image