Japan MOF official: Markets set FX moves, no comment on yen levels
AYLESBURY, England May 10 (Reuters) - Foreign exchange-rate moves are determined by markets, a senior Japanese finance ministry official said on Friday after the dollar's rise above 100 yen to a four-and-a-half-year high.
"Markets determine currency moves. I will not comment on specific (dollar/yen) levels," he told reporters ahead of the Group of 7 finance leaders' weekend meeting in the outskirts of London.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |