Japan MOF official: Markets set FX moves, no comment on yen levels
AYLESBURY, England May 10 (Reuters) - Foreign exchange-rate moves are determined by markets, a senior Japanese finance ministry official said on Friday after the dollar's rise above 100 yen to a four-and-a-half-year high.
"Markets determine currency moves. I will not comment on specific (dollar/yen) levels," he told reporters ahead of the Group of 7 finance leaders' weekend meeting in the outskirts of London.
- Alabama man gets $1,000 in police settlement, his lawyers get $459,000
- Probe: Athletes took fake classes at University of North Carolina
- Man arrested near Canada's prime minister in sign of tensions |
- Man arrested after jumping White House fence, causing lockdown
- U.S.-led air strikes killed 521 fighters, 32 civilians in Syria: monitor