Generali backs any plan that can boost Telecom Italia value
MILAN May 10 (Reuters) - Italian insurer Generali Chief Executive Mario Greco said he is in favour of any plan that can improve the value of its holding in phone company Telecom Italia.
Telecom Italia is mulling a merger deal with Hutchison Whampoa as well as a possible spin-off of its fixed-line network in order to cut debt and fund costly network upgrades.
"For Telecom, we are obviously interested in keeping informed on the company's decision and favorable towards any plan that can increase value," he said on a news call.
"Any sale or merger process takes time. We will wait to hear proposals from upcoming board meetings." (Reporting by Lisa Jucca, writing by Jennifer Clark)
- Police hunt for motive as search for Malaysian jet spans hemispheres |
- Crimeans vote over 90 percent to quit Ukraine for Russia |
- Ukraine, Russia agree Crimea truce until March 21-Ukraine minister
- Malaysian PM says lost airliner was diverted deliberately |
- Democrats seek ways to limit Obamacare fallout after Florida defeat