Hecla Mining sales fall 16 pct on lower silver prices
May 10 (Reuters) - Hecla Mining Co, the No. 2 U.S. silver miner by output, reported a 16 percent drop in first-quarter sales as prices of the precious metal fell.
Net profit fell to $11 million, or 4 cents per share, in the first quarter, from $12.4 million, or 4 cents per share, a year earlier. ()
The company reported sales of $76.5 million.
Silver prices fell 7.8 percent to average $30.08 per ounce during the January-March quarter from a year earlier.
- China food scandal spreads, drags in Starbucks, Burger King and McNuggets in Japan |
- U.S. court rulings create new uncertainty over Obamacare
- Israel pounds Gaza despite international peace efforts |
- EU readies possible capital, tech sanctions on Russia
- Train carrying MH17 bodies on final journey reaches Ukraine city |