Magna profit up due to strong North America sales
May 10 (Reuters) - Canadian auto parts maker Magna International Inc posted an 8 percent rise in first-quarter profit due to strong sales in North America.
Net earnings climbed to $369 million, or $1.57 per share, in the quarter ended March 31 from $343 million, or $1.46 per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $8.36 billion.
- Housing, jobs data weaken, but overall economic picture still upbeat
- Target cyber breach hits 40 million payment cards at holiday peak |
- 'Duck Dynasty' anti-gay fallout sparks debate on religion, tolerance
- UPDATE 3-Saab wins Brazil jet deal after NSA spying sours Boeing bid
- Zuckerberg to sell Facebook shares worth about $2.3 billion |