Magna profit up due to strong North America sales
May 10 (Reuters) - Canadian auto parts maker Magna International Inc posted an 8 percent rise in first-quarter profit due to strong sales in North America.
Net earnings climbed to $369 million, or $1.57 per share, in the quarter ended March 31 from $343 million, or $1.46 per share, a year earlier.
Sales rose 9 percent to $8.36 billion.
- Divided, Scots prepare to vote on fate of the United Kingdom |
- Dollar soars to six-year peak on yen after Fed, Tokyo stocks cheer
- Apple to unveil new iPads, operating system on Oct. 21: report
- Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading
- UPDATE 4-Australian PM says police raids follow threat of beheading