Market Chatter-Corporate finance press digest
May 10 (Reuters) - The following corporate finance-related stories were reported by media on Friday:
* U.S. private equity firm Carlyle Group has submitted a bid for Anglo-Australian miner Rio Tinto's 80 percent stake in the Northparkes copper mine in Australia, Dow Jones reported.
* Banks have been approached about a potential syndicated loan to back the privatisation of Royal Mail Group, banking sources said on Thursday.
* Royal Dutch Shell and India's Oil and Natural Gas Corp are exploring the possibility of a strategic tie-up to jointly bid for global oil and gas assets, the Economic Times reported. ()
* Bankers are looking towards the U.S. debt market to raise 900 million euros ($1.18 billion) for a buyout of industrial ceramics firm CeramTec, spurning Europe where risky debt is in shorter supply, bankers said on Thursday.
* French insurer Scor has emerged as the lead bidder for Generali's U.S. life reinsurance business in a deal that could be announced shortly, two people familiar with the matter said.