Nokia to sell high-end Lumia smartphone through Verizon Wireless
HELSINKI May 10 (Reuters) - Nokia said it was launching a new high-end smartphone, Lumia 928, through an exclusive agreement with U.S. carrier Verizon Wireless .
The smartphone, which uses Microsoft's Windows Phone 8 software, will feature a 8.7 megapixel camera capable of recording high-quality video. It will cost $99 after a $50 mail-in rebate for those signing up to a new two-year agreeemnt.
Nokia is trying to boost its share in the high-margin smartphone market after years of falling behind Samsung and Apple Inc.
- U.S. forces carry out operation against al-Shabaab in Somalia
- Ukraine accuses Russia of 'undisguised aggression' as rebels advance |
- Marilyn Monroe sex film to be kept private |
- Actress Jennifer Lawrence contacts authorities after nude photos hacked
- Risk appetite flickers in Europe, ECB speculation holds down euro