Fitch cuts California's Sacramento City Unified SD ratings
May 10 (Reuters) - Citing concerns about the Sacramento City Unified School District's reserves, Fitch Ratings cut on Friday the California district's general obligation bond rating to A-plus from AA-minus, a move affecting about $313.7 million of debt.
Fitch also revised its rating outlook to stable from negative.
"The rating downgrade reflects the district's weak financial reserve position and willingness to spend down reserves to low levels during periods of state funding pressure," the rating agency said in a statement.
- Search planes scour sea for missing Malaysian jetliner |
- Timeline: Malaysia Airlines flight to Beijing missing in Asia
- Missing Malaysian jet may have disintegrated in mid-air: source |
- Exclusive: Malaysia plane probe narrows on mid-air disintegration - source
- Malaysian plane presumed crashed; questions over false IDs |