Greece's Alpha Bank posts first-quarter profit on Emporiki goodwill
ATHENS (Reuters) - Greece's third-largest lender Alpha Bank (ACBr.AT) on Friday posted net first quarter profit of 2.88 billion euros ($3.75 billion), booking goodwill on its acquisition of Emporiki Bank from Credit Agricole (CAGR.PA).
Excluding the one-off goodwill inclusion, the bank's profit came to 244 million euros from a loss of 82.5 million in the same period in 2012.
Alpha said provisions for loan impairments rose to 505 million euros.
(Reporting by George Georgiopoulos)
- Atheists face death in 13 countries, global discrimination: study
- Signer says suffered schizophrenic episode at Mandela memorial |
- Missouri executes man for killing good Samaritan motorist in 1994
- Thai military chief rebuffs meeting request in blow to protesters |
- Google executives' planes saved millions in costs due to error - NASA